Membership Forms


Q: How do I change my name in the Mecklenburg County Bar records?

A: In order to change your name in, you will need to send notification in writing that states the following five things:

1) Previous name

2) Bar number

3) New name

4) Reason for change (i.e.: marriage, divorce, etc.)

5) Date the legal name change became effective

Please mail your signed request to: Mecklenburg County Bar, Attn: Membership, 2850 Zebulon Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28208 or e-mail your request to Any contact information changes should be included with this request. (Name change requests can only be made by the attorney themselves.)

Good Standing Statement
To obtain a certificate of good standing with the Mecklenburg County Bar, a member must have an active status and be current in membership dues payments. While the MCB can verify the status of 26th judicial district bar membership, the North Carolina State Bar should be contacted to verify good standing at the State level.

Membership Application / Contact Information Update
Click on the link above to download an MCB Membership Application / Contact Information Update Form.


Change Your Contact Information 
To change your contact information, you can log in to your member account, select MyMCB and then select Update My Profile. You can also contact Jill Wiggins at 704/375-8624 or

Courthouse Access Cards Available to MCB Members

This Card will entitle the bearer to enter the Mecklenburg County Courthouse through the employee line at the screening station at the main entrance to the courthouse at McDowell and 4th Street.

Mecklenburg County Bar Sections and Young Lawyers Division Membership Form for Out of State/District