Mission & Goals
The mission of the Mecklenburg County Bar is to serve the public and the Bar members in improving and preserving the administration of justice, and to assist the North Carolina State Bar as described by statutory requirements.
To promote the highest standards of professionalism, competence, and ethical behavior among its members.
To promote the administration of justice.
To assure access to legal services consistent with ethical consideration to all regardless of social, ethnic or economic status.
To promote public education in the community on legal issues, the Bar and the legal system.
To provide its members educational and support services to promote the delivery of competent ethical legal services.
To increase involvement of all sectors of the legal profession in the Mecklenburg County Bar.
These goals are carried out by the work of the established committees and sections.
2018-19 Goals will be posted upon approval
2017 – 18 Goals
- Resolve building issues
- Complete negotiations with Myers & Chapman through mediation or other means
- Determine what to finish/correct re: the Bar and Foundation Center
- Update Facility Use Policy as needed
- Finalize Naming Rights Campaign Proceeds distribution
- Determine whether to invest in Lot 5 – 1.9 acres
- Oversee the implementation of the three-year strategic plan and recommend updates as needed
- Staff to regularly update progress during the year and report to MCB Board
- Review staff internal audit with Board. Review areas for additional evaluation
- Incorporate the information gathered from the website once launched – demographics, evaluations, event attendance reports
- Better utilize PR opportunities to promote MCB and its members and accomplishments
- Review and Update Pro Bono Task Force and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Task Force Recommendations as needed – communication guidelines, Agency needs, membership engagement, diversity and inclusion updates and funding
- Oversee membership engagement and inclusion activities to help ensure inclusion throughout the MCB, and oversee Year 1 of 3 for D&I programs and funding
- Successful implementation of the MCB website
- Review Section organization, activities, funding and staffing requirements. Approve updated Section Rules and Regulations (last updated May 21, 2015)
Continue to focus on diversity in its broadest sense and future trends within bar associations
Coordinate with MBF and identify MCB’s role in LSSP’s 50th Anniversary celebration