Become a Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) Attorney Panel Member
The purpose of the Mecklenburg County Bar Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is to identify the most appropriate resource(s) for people with legal needs and when applicable, provide those who can afford to pay an established reasonable fee to a referred lawyer who shall provide a consultation.
- You will help serve the thousands of people who call us each year seeking legal advice and representation on novel and interesting legal issues.
- You will receive referrals that are carefully screened by our referral specialists.
- You will grow your business and expand your client base by tapping into a new source of potential clients.
- You receive $25 for each paid referral, so after 6 paid referrals, membership has paid for itself.
- You must have a professional liability insurance policy in the amount specified in the LRS Guidelines.
- You must be licensed to practice law in North Carolina.
- You must be a member of and in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar and the Mecklenburg County Bar.
- You must practice and maintain an office in the Charlotte metropolitan area.
- For continued membership, you must renew your LRS Panel Membership annually.
- The LRS Panel membership fee is an annual payment of $150.
- The $150 covers the membership and referrals for two Subject Areas and the Subsections of those Subject Areas.
- Each additional Subject Area is an additional $50.
- Read the LRS Guidelines.
- Complete the LRS Panel Member Application.
- Return the Application in the following ways:
Electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax to: 704/333-6209
By Mail to: MCB Lawyer Referral Service 2850 Zebulon Avenue Charlotte, NC 28208
- Pay the $150 Panel Membership Fee by mailing check to the MCB Lawyer Referral Service with your application, or, upon receipt of your application, we will email you an invoice that you may pay online.
Click here to read our current LRS Panel Member Spotlight