Estate Planning 101
VIDEO REPLAY - Monday, November 11, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
2.0 Total Hours (1.5 General + 0.5 Ethics)
$120 Attorney Rate
$60 Paralegal Rate
1123 South Church Street
Charlotte, NC 28203
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Registration
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. CLE Training
Sabrina Winters, Sabrina Winters Attorney at Law, PLLC
What is Estate Planning
Why Estate Planning is important at all stages of life; goals of attorney and client; purpose of having a written estate plan
What Documents Should Be Considered
· Last Will and Testament (appointments of executor and trustee; nomination of Guardian; special bequests; lapse of gift; conforming beneficiary designations with distributions in Will; etc.)
· Revocable Living Trust (how the above appointments and nominations differ in a RLT; other documents that should be part of a RLT Plan; how to fund a RLT, etc.)
· Health Care Power of Attorney (considerations in appointing an agent; how the document works; etc.)
· Financial Power of Attorney (Durable and Springing - differences between the two; )
· Living Will (how this functions in conjunction with a HCPOA and real life!)
· Organ Donation (options available)
· Disposition of Remains (North Carolina regulations on scattering)
Who is the client; What considerations when meeting with husband and wife; Issues with children present at the meeting, etc.
What is Probate?
What options are available; What initial information is needed to open an estate; etc.
Download Registration form here and return via:
Mail: 1123 South Church Street, Suite 103, Charlotte, NC 28203