Inclement Weather Policy
All MCB CLE activities scheduled to be held at the Bar & Foundation Center will follow Charlotte-Mecklenburg School closings. If CMS is closed or delayed for both teachers and students, prior to commencement of MCB’s normal business hours opening, MCB will be closed or delayed accordingly. When CMS closes for students, but has an optional teacher workday, MCB will be open. For offsite courses, please contact the scheduled venue directly.
Consider the MCB CLE Advantage
Your Bar offers high-quality, incredibly convenient and cost-effective programs in Mecklenburg County.
The feedback on our accreditation and evaluation forms consistently rates our training as excellent.
Our programs are competitively priced with rarely any additional long-distance travel expenses.
Our customer service is friendly, competent and knowledgeable.
We offer a wide variety of live and prerecorded CLEs at the Bar Center, local sites and even at your own office.
You can view our online programs right at your desk - 24/7.
MCB CLE Options
· Live CLE programs
· CLE Video Replays at Your Firm/Office - at least 3 attorneys must view the course and we need 30 days notice
Online CLE programs are available on demand, 24 hours a day.
Webcasts - Earn CLE Credit from the comfort and convenience of your own desk. Webcasts are considered live programs - they do not count towards your 4.0 online course allotment.
CLE Annual Pass- $360 for up to 12 hours of CLE credits
Included in the price of the pass: program materials, food, beverage, and NC State Bar CLE fees for each course you attend using your pass.
Valid from July 1 - June 30.
The CLE Annual Pass does not include webcasts or online programming.
The pass cannot be used for certain CLEs throughout the year, including but not limited to: Professionalism for New Admittees, Annual Review, WDNC Spring Bankruptcy Seminar, Law & Society Luncheon, Authentic Speaking and Presentation Skills for Lawyers.
To register for courses using your pass, contact Alison Rogers at email@example.com or 704/375-8624 or fax a registration form to 704/333-6209 with a note at the bottom that you are a pass-holder
Discount CLE Rates
1. Unemployed attorneys will be eligible to receive a 25% discount for all live programs and video replays.
2. Employed full-time attorneys in public service and government agencies will be eligible to receive a 25% discount for all live programs and video replays.
3. Employed full-time attorneys in the following offices will be eligible to attend video replays at a rate of $10/hour:
a. Public Defender
b. District Attorney
c. Legal Aid of North Carolina
d. Legal Services of Southern Piedmont
e. Council for Children's Rights
f. Clerk of Court
g. Federal Defender
h. United States Attorney
i. Attorney General
4. If not specifically stated above, all other requests for discounts will be considered by the CLE Committee or its designate.
5. The MCB CLE Committee reaffirms that all members of the State and Federal Benches, including Magistrates, attend all live programs and video replays on a complimentary basis.
6. Online programming and webcasts will not be discounted.
7. MCB CLE is committed to offering low cost or no cost CLE opportunities in conjunction with the MCB Volunteer Lawyers Program and the MCB Professionalism Lawyers Life and Culture Committee.
Volunteer on the CLE Committee
MCB welcomes your participation as a CLE faculty member (earn 3 hours of CLE credit for every one-half hour of instruction), course planner, committee member or simply as a satisfied participant. Contact Director of CLE Lisa Armanini at 704/375-8624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.