Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
for Participant Rate
$0 for CLE Annual Pass Holder
$20 for Judicial Rate
September 27, 2017
Mecklenburg County Bar
General, Real Property Law, Tax Law
Extending the 180 Day Exchange Period: How to Make 1031 Construction and Development Exchanges Work in a World Where it Can Take a Year to Get Property Entitled.
- Non-Safe Harbor Reverse Exchanges After Estate of Bartell v. Commissioner, 147 T.C. No. 5 (August 10, 2016) – A Solution for Newly-Constructed Replacement Property Exchanges, Which Take More than 180 days to Construct
- Extending the Exchange Period beyond 180 Days - Alternatives
- Drop & Swap Update – Tax-Free Cash Outs Available, if Planned Correctly
- The “Held For” Requirement(s) – Recurring Issues to Consider
- Administration and Congressional Proposals re: Exchanges – Extinction Ahead?
- The State of State Tax Departments’ Scrutiny of Exchanges
- Recent Rulings from the IRS
- Safe Harbor Reverse Exchanges For Clients with Multiple Affiliated and Related Companies – How to Exchange when You Don’t Know Which Entity will Sell the Relinquished Property?
The views and opinions are not necessarily those of the 26th Judicial District Bar.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.