February 12, 2016
Mecklenburg County Bar
General, Labor & Employment Law
• The Heat is On: Hot Topics in Wage and Hour Law (1 hour) – Meredith Jeffries (Alexander Ricks; email@example.com)
• Employment Contracts and Non-Competes (1 hour) – Marc Gustafson (Essex Richards; MGustafson@essexrichards.com)
• Communicating with In-House Counsel and EPLI insurers (1 hour panel) – Miranda Zolot (TriNet; Miranda.Zolot@trinet.com), Steve Ackermann (SPX; Steve.Ackermann@spx.com)
• Wrongful Discharge under State and Federal law in North Carolina (1 hour) – Kevin Parsons (Parsons Summa; firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Maximizing/Minimizing Damages in Employment Cases (1 hour panel) – Jenny Sharpe (The Sharpe Law Office; email@example.com); Susan Huber (Robinson Bradshaw; SHuber@rbh.com)
• Understanding the Family and Medical Leave Act in One-Half Hour (30 minutes) – Frederick M. Thurman, Jr. (Shumaker; firstname.lastname@example.org)
The views and opinions are not necessarily those of the 26th Judicial District Bar.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.