October 15, 2020
Mecklenburg County Bar
COVID-19, General, Mental Health & Wellness
COVID-19 is placing unprecedented demands and challenges on everyone and in a variety of ways. This program focuses on the impact it has specifically had on the mental health and well-being of lawyers. Common reactions are discussed and explained, with strategies given to help put these reactions into perspective. Various tools, coping methods, suggestions, and guidelines are provided to assist in managing the impact on lawyers’ health and well-being and boosting their emotional resiliency.
60 Minutes: Cathy Killian, Clinical Director and Western Clinical Coordinator for the Lawyer Assistance Program
- Brief review of recent Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder research states in the contest of lawyers (before COVID)
- Emotional, physical, behavioral, etc. reactions experienced by lawyers as a result of COVID and strategies for putting these reactions in perspective
- Tools, coping methods, suggestions, etc. for how to effectively deal with your own reactions as well as the reactions of others
- Balancing work with family
- Ways to juggle working in the legal industry and online learning simultaneously
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.