Presented by the MCB Estate Planning and Probate Section
Is there a case? What evidence do you need? What is the standard of proof? Who is the Client?
During this 2.5-hour program, Mark Gott will discuss considerations such as:
- Will Cannot Create a Guardianship for Adult Beneficiary
- Tips for Prosecuting or Defending a Civil Action
- Do you need a multi-disciplinary evaluation?
- North Carolina Revised Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 1.14 “Client with Diminished Capacity”
Also reviewed will be the Procedure of filing a Petition.
- Clerk Issues Notice
- Service of Notice and Petition
- What if the Respondent Wants a Private Attorney?
- What Happens When an Interested Person is Represented?
- Role of Guardian ad Litem in Incompetency and Guardianship Proceedings
- What Should the Guardian ad Litem Do to Prepare for the Hearing?
- Pre-Trial Prep; Discovery
- Motion for Appointment of Interim Guardian
Mark Gott - Mr. Gott is a partner with Henderson, Nystrom, Fletcher, Tydings, Williams-Tracy & Gott. He also served as an Assistant Clerk in Mecklenburg County for four years and presided over incompetency hearings during that time.
The views and opinions are not necessarily those of the 26th Judicial District Bar.
Cosmetic Changes Approved by Executive Committee April 23, 2015
Approved by Board of Directors January 24, 2013
Registration refunds are 1) 100% refundable for requests made 8 or more days before the event; 2) 75% refundable for requests made 7 to 4 days before the event (a 25% processing fee will be incurred); and 3) non-refundable for requests made 3 days or less before the event. Registrants requesting refunds 3 days or less before the event may be offered the option to transfer the registration to a substitute attendee. Payment is due in full if no cancellation is received or if cancellation is received 3 days or less in advance of event.
Reservations are not guaranteed if received less than 24 hours prior to the event. Registrations at the event door will be accepted on a space available basis--additional charges may apply. For some events, food or beverage is not guaranteed for last-minute registrants.
A sponsorship and/or advertisement refund will only be granted in the case that the Mecklenburg County Bar (MCB) does not fulfill the commitment(s) stated in the signed "Sponsorship/Advertisement Agreement".
Refunds on any fees paid to the MCB Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) are subject to the specifications of the MCB LRS Guidelines.
Exceptions or requests for refunds not covered by the above registration refund policy may be considered for approval by the MCB Executive Director or his or her designee.
|$75.00||Member Early Bird|
|$95.00||Non Member Early Bird|
|$40.00||MCB Estate Planning Section Rate|
|$0.00||CLE Annual Pass|
|$0.00||Planner / Speaker Rate|
|$10.00||Judicial Rate (Judges, Clerks, and Magistrates)|